Is a High Tech Health Sauna Right for Me?
When it comes to shopping for an infrared sauna for your home, there is no shortage of manufacturers to consider. The tricky part is finding trustworthy brands that have a solid history of producing high-quality, innovative, and durable saunas.
You may be wondering how to compare sauna brands and find one that works best for your home and lifestyle. As a third-party retailer, USA Health and Wellness has done significant research and chosen to partner with the best in the industry. Our experts will help you evaluate all your options and make an informed decision.
One manufacturer that you might have come across in your research is High Tech Health International. Based out of Boulder, CO, the small family-run company has been making infrared saunas since 1997. They are also dedicated to environmental responsibility and have taken a number of measures to lower their impact on the environment.
In this blog post, we’re taking a closer look at High Tech Health saunas, their technology, and their overall quality.
High Tech Health Sauna Features
High Tech Health offers three sauna models. The manufacturer states that they base all of their claims and product design on scientific evidence. They also explain that thousands of doctors and practitioners refer their patients to High Tech Health.
High Tech Health saunas' primary unique selling features include:
- Patented Triple Antifield™ Heaters
- Low electromagnetic field (EMF) levels
- Low environmental impact
- High-quality materials and craftsmanship
So, how does their technology stack up against the competition? Let’s find out.
Triple Antifield™ Far-infrared Heaters
High Tech Health designs their infrared saunas with their patented Triple Antifield™ heaters and Clean Heat™ technology. These emitters are engineered to ensure a powerful but safe sweat.
These all-metal sauna heaters are also said to be efficient because of their materials, which include:
- Polished Aluminum Reflectors: The best infrared reflector material aside from precious metals (like gold). This material increases the sauna’s efficiency.
- High-grade Stainless Steel Heating Elements: No coating on the surface means no off-gassing. The heaters go through a “black annealing” process to increase their emissivity and enhance their infrared output.
The materials and design used in High Tech Health’s sauna heaters help keep more of the infrared heat inside the cabin.
Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs) are a combination of invisible electric and magnetic fields of force. At certain levels, they can cause negative health effects.
Third-party testing results found that when it comes to EMF levels, High Tech Health’s emitters mitigate both magnetic and electric fields. The heaters are reportedly very consistent and lack EMF hot spots as found on other lower-quality heaters.
The Antifield Heaters™ are also approved by the Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL), the most renowned safety approval organization.
High Tech Health has taken steps to ensure their saunas are as environmentally friendly as possible. This includes:
- Poplar Wood: Grows in a quarter to a seventh of the time it takes to grow a cedar tree.
- 62% less PVC used in the wiring.
- Meeting Europe’s strict restriction on hazardous substances (RoHS) on electronics.
- Styrofoam-free sauna packaging made almost entirely of cardboard.
- Highly efficient sauna heaters.
- Safe and efficient LED lighting.
- Partnering with One Tree Planted to plant a tree in Colorado for every sauna purchased.
Materials & Construction
According to High Tech Health, they use poplar wood in their saunas because health professionals and toxicologists recommend it. The manufacturer sources their wood from mills in Europe, where it is both kiln- and air-dried. They also offer the option of hemlock wood for one of their models.
No plywood, particle-board, or other cheap wood is used in any High Tech Health sauna. Additionally, they use only non-toxic materials and solvent-free wood glue. This prevents the off-gassing of dangerous substances like formaldehyde.
While High Tech Health saunas are designed in the United States and the wood is sourced from Europe, the products are manufactured in China.
Health Mate: A High-quality Alternative
Although a High Tech Health sauna is a decent option, our studies and research show that a Health Mate sauna is a better choice. As a matter of fact, Health Mate used to manufacture for High Tech Health, using the same materials but with the bonus of a 41-year history!
Health Mate saunas have been on the market since 1979 and have played a key role in advancing the industry. Their 41-year track record means the sauna maker truly understands innovation and offers top-notch customer service.
Health Mate Factory
Health Mate is the only brand that has owned their own factory and been building their own saunas for 40 years. The facility consists of 250,000 square feet, where they produce over 2,000 infrared saunas per month!
Quality Materials for a Quality Product
Health Mate saunas are made with the highest-quality materials and craftsmanship, including:
- PEFC™ Western Red Cedar: One of the only woods known as a sustainable and renewable resource due to its curative properties, this type of cedar is also antimicrobial and safe.
- Kiln & Air Drying: Health Mate uses a combination of kiln and air drying so their saunas reach 6% moisture content, preventing warping or cracking.
- Tecoloy Heaters: Health Mate’s patented ceramic heaters are third-party tested with a low EMF certification and certified 100% non-toxic full-circle heat. They produce even lower EMF levels than High Tech Health’s emitters, which you can view on their report.
In addition to quality materials and technology, Health Mate saunas undergo a 5-stage quality control process. And if you’re looking for a sauna with all the little luxuries and conveniences, you’ll love features like the Bluetooth music player (not offered by High Tech Health), interior shelf, and exterior lighting.
Learn more about Health Mate sauna quality and innovation.
Exceptional Warranty and Customer Service
Health Mate stands behind their saunas with an unconditional lifetime warranty on their patented Tecoloy heaters. This type of heater warranty is not offered by any other manufacturer. The wood, power supply, and controllers on each Health Mate product are covered by a 5-year warranty.
To top it all off, Health Mate’s team provides exceptional customer service. They truly understand your needs and pride themselves on quality products and happy customers. They have received countless doctor recommendations and glowing reviews proving how much they care about helping people elevate their wellness.
Health Mate also believes in and works toward sustainability. They are a Member of the Forest Steward Council and have received the Programme for the Endorsement of the Forest Certification, along with other environmentally responsible certifications.
Health Mate works closely to promote and adhere to the rules of global forestry management by making their infrared sauna products 100% green and toxic-free. In fact, they cultivate and plant cedar saplings in their own cultivation facility.
Browse our full selection of high-quality Health Mate infrared saunas or contact us at 207-619-4291 today to learn more about this experienced sauna manufacturer. We’ll be happy to help you find your perfect sauna!