A Guide to the 4 Best CBD Oils of 2020
Cannabidiol (CBD) oils and products have been taking the wellness industry by storm, and it’s no surprise thanks to CBD’s many benefits on both physical and mental health. While the body of research is still growing, there is already significant evidence that CBD offers a great natural solution for a range of people and lifestyles.
If you’re new to this world and still doing your research, trying to find the right CBD solution for you, it can be overwhelming. How can you know which brands and products are reputable and effective?
Below, we’re sharing an overview of exactly what CBD is, some of the ways it can help you feel better, what to look for in CBD oils, and a list of the four best brands on the market.
What is CBD?
CBD (Cannabidiol) is one of over 100 cannabinoids found in the hemp plant. It works naturally with the body’s Endocannabinoid System (ECS) to deliver many physiological benefits. The ECS is a collection of cell receptors and their corresponding molecules in the human body. It is still under preliminary research but may be responsible for regulating and maintaining many physiological and cognitive processes.
CBD products are generally engineered with only trace amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive cannabinoid in marijuana. This means it works without getting you high—and is why it’s completely legal.
Benefits of CBD
CBD can have positive effects on your mood, sleep, stress levels, and overall well-being. It can even help with inflammation and post-workout recovery and boost the digestive system. Because it works with the ECS, CBD can help maintain and regulate both systemic health and many other bodily functions.
Plus, many hemp oils are nutrient-rich, packed with many other cannabinoids and bioactive compounds like fatty acids and Vitamin E. This comes from maximizing the use of the entire hemp plant.
What to Look for in a CBD Oil
When searching for CBD products, you’ll find a range of products and terms in the market. Different types of products offer varying ingredients and strengths to cater to a range of needs.
The three types of CBD are:
- Full-spectrum: Contains all cannabinoids naturally found in the cannabis plant, including THC. This is created through a full plant extraction. All of the compounds work together and produce what is referred to as the “Entourage Effect,” delivering multiple potential health benefits.
- Broad-spectrum: Contains multiple cannabinoids naturally found in the cannabis plant, but not THC. This is achieved by taking full-spectrum extract and processing it even further to remove trace amounts of THC. Broad-spectrum CBD products can also provide the “Entourage Effect.”
- Isolate: Contains only CBD with no other cannabinoids. This is done by removing all other molecules except CBD from the full-spectrum extract. The process results in a white powder that is at least 99% pure CBD with 0% THC.
Full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD may also include:
- Fatty acids
You’ll also want to look for third-party lab test results. Since CBD products are not yet regulated by the FDA, it can be hard to know if you’re buying a safe high-quality product. Reputable companies have third-party testing performed to verify that their products actually contain what the packaging says they do.
Finally, ensure that the cannabis is grown in the United States and is organic. The U.S. regulates cannabis growth and opting for organic ingredients means you’re less likely to consume pesticides and other chemicals.
#1 Charlotte’s Web
Colorado-based Charlotte’s Web is a leader in the CBD industry. Their original hemp extract has become one of the most trusted in the world, and they started off giving it away!
Charlotte’s Web is on a mission of bettering the planet and people’s lives through responsible farming practices and natural remedies. They create many CBD products in addition to oils.
A bit about Charlotte’s Web hemp extracts:
- Full-spectrum tinctures that contain beneficial phytocannabinoids like CBD, CBC, CBG and more
- Flavors: Olive Oil (Original), Lemon Twist, Orange Blossom, Mint Chocolate
- Extract CBD mg: Approx. 10 mg CBD extract per 1 mL serving, Approx. 25 mg CBD extract per 1 mL serving, Approx. 50 mg CBD extract per 1 mL serving
- Third-party testing: Certificate of Analysis available on website
#2 PlusCBD by CV Sciences
PlusCBD creates nutrient-rich products, including powerful CBD drops made from full-spectrum hemp extracts with superior ingredients. Their diverse product selection includes various formulas for different benefits: Gold Formula, Raw Formula, and Total Plant Complex.
A bit about PlusCBD oil drops:
- Full-spectrum extract from true agricultural hemp grown using only soil, water, and sunlight
- Flavors: Peppermint, Goji Blueberry, Unsweetened, and Unflavored (flavor options vary by product)
- Extract CBD mg: Wide range of size and strength depending on formula, from 1 oz / 250 mg to 2 oz / 1500 mg
- Third-party testing: Results posted on product pages
Another Colorado company, CBDistillery is one of the largest and fastest-growing CBD brands in the industry. The manufacturer delivers fairly-priced, high-quality CBD products. These products are derived from non-GMO industrial hemp using natural farming practices.
A bit about CBDistillery’s hemp oil tinctures:
- Offer variety of full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate CBD oils
- Extract CBD mg: Ranging from 500 mg to 5000 mg per 30 mL bottle
- Third-party testing: Results posted on product pages, or each product includes a QR code on the label that you can scan for the results
#4 USA Health & Wellness
USA Health and Wellness recently introduced our own line of CBD products. These high-quality products are grown and designed right in Wisconsin.
Our CBD oil tincture also contains all-natural ingredients including Avocado Butter, Beeswax, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Hemp, Essential Oil Blend, Eucalyptus, Wintergreen, Peppermint, Cypress and Lavender. These ingredients create enjoyable, refreshing flavors.
A bit about USA Health & Wellness’s CBD oil:
- Full-spectrum CBD
- Flavors: Magna Mint or Cherry Lime
- Available in 1000 mg
Which CBD Oil is Right for Me?
There are many different types of hemp oils and additional CBD products available. If you’re just getting started in the world of CBD, you may want to start off with a simple and affordable tincture option. Take a closer look at our hemp oil drops or our other CBD products.
If you find you still have questions or concerns about which product is right for you, contact USA Health & Wellness today at 207-619-4291!